26 Oct Dr. Sheldon’s Recipes – Roasted Pears
Posted at 20:52h in Recipes
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1 ½ pounds slightly under-ripe Bosc pears (or pear of your choosing)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the sugar in a small bowl. With a paring knife, split the vanilla bean lengthwise in half and scrape out the seeds. Stir the seeds into the sugar.
- Peel, half, and core pears. Place cut side up in a baking dish. Drizzle fruit with lemon juice, then sprinkle your vanilla-sugar mixture evenly over the fruit. Dot each fruit with pieces of butter. Pour water into pan (not over fruit).
- Roast pears for 20-30 minutes, basting with pan juices every 5 – 10 minutes. Flip pears, continue to roast and baste another 15- 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with paring knife. Note: Cooking times vary depending on ripeness of the pears. Mine were pretty ripe to begin with, so total took about 30 minutes