03 Jun Dr. Sheldon’s Recipes – Green beans with Garlic, Mushrooms and Marsala Wine
Posted at 21:27h in Recipes
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb green beans, washed, trimmed and cut in half if long
- 1 1/2 TBSP marsala wine
- freshly grated pepper
- Heat butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat until melted. Add the mushrooms, garlic and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook over low-medium until the mushrooms are soft and have released their moisture, about 8 minutes.
- Add the green beans and 1/2 TBSP of water. Stir well, then turn the heat up to medium and cover the pan. Cook until the green beans are almost at desired tenderness, about 5-7 minutes more.
- Uncover the pot and cook over high heat until any leftover moisture has cooked off, about 1 minute.
- Add the marsala wine and cook over high heat until the alcohol has burned off, another 1-2 minutes. Adjust salt, add pepper and serve.